A message from Health Services:
During this time of year (and all times of year), it is important to focus on simple steps that can keep you and your family healthy. You can do your part to keep your student and family healthy by doing the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care. Be sure to keep your child home from school and all activities for a fever of 100.4 or higher. Call the school to report your child’s absence. Keep your child home until the fever stays below 100.4 for 24 hours without having to use a medication such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen to bring it down.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60 to 95% alcohol.