Grades K-4 Snow Day Guidance
Dear Parent / Guardian,
If there is a chance of snow, NAFCS administration will communicate with teachers and direct them to send devices and chargers home with students. You will receive an all-call if a snow day is issued.
This year we will be operating under three different snow day instructional guidelines. The three days will be called the following: Asynchronous Snow Day – Posting of Assignments, Synchronous Snow Day – Live Instruction, and Traditional Snow Day – Make-Up Day. The weather event and situation will determine which type of Snow Day our school district will be implementing. Below are the instructional guidelines for each day.
Asynchronous Snow Day – Posting of Assignments
- Teachers will post information about the day’s learning and assignments via our Learning Management System (Google Classroom, textbook, etc) by 9:00 am.
- Teachers will hold office hours and be available for questions and
communication with students and parents from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Communication received from students/parents between 9:00 and 2:00 pm will be returned the same day.
- Students will be provided (3) three school days to complete all posted assignments and tasks upon return to school. Students without internet access may turn in their completed work for evidence of attendance.
Synchronous Snow Day – Live Instruction
- Teachers will provide live instruction (9:00-12:30), on a Google Meet, based on the example schedule below. Students are expected to log-in for live instruction and complete posted assignments.
- Students without internet access may turn in their completed work up to 3 days upon returning to school for evidence of attendance.
- Example Schedule Below – Schedules may vary.
- 9:00-10:20 Literacy (Live Instruction with posted assignments)
- 10:30-11:30 Math (Live Instruction with posted assignments)
- 11:45-12:15 Writing (Live Instruction with posted assignments)
- 12:30-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-2:00 Choice Activities – not required (Asynchronous – Posting of Assignments) Guidance, Art, Music, PE, Library, Learning Lab, MyOn, Typing Club, Code.org, etc
Traditional Snow Day – Make-Up Day
- There is a possibility, depending on the weather event, that we would make up the school days at a later time.
- The Traditional Snow Days could be made up during the Spring Break Snow Make-Up/ Intersession Week (March 20-24) or at the end of the school year.
*Reminder: All Chromebooks and charging cords must be returned to school on the next in person school day. These are signed out per individual student each day they go home. Thank you for your support, help and care with these items as we work to provide the best resources possible for our students.